33 Stunning Photos of Muslims Celebrating Eid All Around the World
After fasting for a month in the Holy Month of Ramadan, Muslims all around the world claim their victory by celebrating Eid. Fasting throughout the day – from dawn to dusk – requires tremendous willpower, self-discipline, and Iman (believer’s reasoned faith).
And, of course, after 30 days abstaining from food and drinks during the day, we all deserve a “little” party. From California to China or UK to Malaysia, these photos show how Muslims celebrate Eid all around the world!
33 stunning photos of Muslims celebrating Eid ul-Fitr all around the world – these will make you smile!
1. A view from the top of a Muslim community in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia performing Eid prayer inside the National Mosque
2. Muslim community performing Eid prayer together at Dinamo Soccer Stadium in Romania. Aren’t you going to join them, kiddo? 😀
3. Friends hugging each other in Philadelphia, USA, on the morning of Eid as a sign of happiness. This image just brings a smile to your face, doesn’t it?
4. Muslims waiting for the balloons to be released on Eid Day at El-Seddik Mosque in Cairo, Egypt
5. A beautiful view of Filipino Muslims celebrating Eid by performing morning prayer outside of the Pink Mosque in Maguindanao, Philippines
6. A man playing fireworks on top of a building in Gaza City as one way of celebrating Eid
7. What a beautiful morning in Ankara Turkey! The Muslims are getting ready to perform Eid prayer at Kocatepe Mosque
8. Sufi performers displaying their whirling meditation to the crowd in Beirut, Lebanon
9. Muslims in Birmingham, UK, performing Eid prayer together at Small Heath Park
10. Men eating together in a tray on the day of Eid in Makkah, Saudi Arabia
11. A Bosnian man shooting a cannon to announce the arrival of Eid ul-Fitr!
12. A man in Jakarta Indonesia preparing Sarung Ketupat, a traditional local dish, that is usually cooked on the day of Eid
13. A man making a du’a and protecting the Muslims who are performing Eid prayer in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. What a beautiful photo!
14. Muslims listening to Eid ul-Fitr sermon in Fatih Sultan Mosque. What a beautiful sight to behold!
15. Do you know? Malaysians celebrate Eid for 30 days! They’ll wear new, colorful clothes and attend open houses for the whole month!
16. A man selling candies at the market in Kabul, Afghanistan. The locals love to shop for festive goodies for Eid
17. Muslims looking happy while catching balloons on the day of Eid in Amman, Jordan
18. Celebrating Eid ul-Fitr in Egypt will not be complete without a traditional dish called Kahk Cookies. It is stuffed with honey, walnuts, butter, sesame seeds and powdered sugar
19. Kids in Mosul Iraq wearing traditional Henna on their hands
20. A man and his son arriving at the mosque, looking all handsome and colorful to attend the Eid prayer. That’s one cool bike!
21. A mosque in Kathmandu Nepal packed with people during Eid prayer session!
22. A Palestinian man arranging boxes of smoked mackerels to be sold at the market on the day of Eid
23. Two smart-looking kids attending Eid ul-Fitr prayer at Sultan Mehmet Fatih in Kosovo
24. Muslims performing Eid prayer on the street outside of the Grande Mosquee de Paris
25. American Muslims in Upland, Southern California, offering each other Eid greetings
26. A Moroccan man baking cookies for Eid – that looks delicious!
27. Balloons just make things look more festive, aren’t they? Like this photo of a Palestinian women holding colorful balloons on the day of Eid.
28. Muslim women in Indonesia performing Eid prayer in the outdoor (while kids enjoying themselves with cartoon balloons!) 😀
29. One of the ways of celebrating Eid in Pakistan is by eating sweets on the day of Eid
30. It is the tradition of the Singaporeans to visit the grave of their loved ones on the first day of Eid
31. Eid is the day to be happy, as proven here by the Muslim women in Metro Manila, Philippines 🙂
32. Chechen Muslims making supplications during Eid prayer in Grozny, Chechnya
33. Chinese Muslims celebrating Eid in Beijing China
Muslims celebrating Eid around the world
What a set of powerful and colorful photos! As you can see, Eid is celebrated by Muslims from all around the world differently based on their cultures. But, they have one thing in common, they celebrate it with full of joy!
How about you? How do you celebrate Eid ul-Fitr in your country? Share with us your experience in the comment box below. We’d love to hear from you!